AgDevCo Zambia Job Recruitment
AgDevCo is a social impact investor and agribusiness project developer, incorporated as a non-for-profit distribution, limited company in the UK. We invest patient capital in the form of debt and equity into early stage agribusinesses and act as promoter or co-promoter of greenfield agriculture opportunities. AgDevCo currently operates with locally managed subsidiaries in five countries in sub-Saharan Africa (Mozambique, Ghana, Zambia, Malawi and Tanzania)
JOB TITLE: JUNIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST:
AgDevCo is looking to recruit a suitably qualified individual to join our growing Zambia office as a Junior Financial Analyst.
- Recent graduate, 0-2 years maximum experience;
- Excellent quantitative, written and presentation skills; ability to present arguments and analysis in a structured and succinct manner;
- A minimum 2:1 degree in finance, economics or related subject – Masters level;
- Strong finance, accounting, investment knowledge;
- Ability to work independently; self-starter and highly motivated;
- Willingness to learn and supplement on the job training with relevant study outside of office hours;
- Financial modelling experience;
- Experience of working in emerging markets, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Agricultural background is preferred;
- Strong understanding of agribusiness in a commercial context.
Work on a portfolio of agriculture projects including financial analysis, modelling, preparing investment proposals and supporting AgDevCo Zambia projects. Programme administration such as minute-taking, producing marketing documents and tracking project expenditure. Programme support such as tracking investments, monitoring and evaluation of project performance, preparing and reviewing investment documents. Supporting due-diligence, performance assessment, analysis of opportunities, forecasting financial performance and assessment of management capabilities. Support in developing AgDevCo’s financial models. Conducting market research, creation of pitch documents, project development agreements. Work with in-house and external legal and other advisors to structure investments. Prepare and present investment materials for consideration by AgDevCo’s Senior Management Team, Board of Directors and third party investors and partners
AgDevCo is offering a market-based salary dependent on experience.
How to Apply
Should you wish to apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]. AgDevCo
will appoint someone as and when a suitable candidate is found.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in Zambia. We will not be able to enter into any discussions or offer any assistance regarding sponsorship.