Submit CV at Bank Of Zambia – May 2017
Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to apply for the following vacant positions: ECONOMICS DEPARTMENT SENIOR RESEARCHER – PRICES (HO) (1 POST)
GRADE: BOZ 6
To produce analytical reports on price developments as well as conduct research on economic issues, in fulfillment of the Division’s objectives.
- Review and analyze domestic and international inflation developments, examining underlying influences in order to inform policy direction.
- Analyze macroeconomic developments with the view to understanding their effects on domestic price formation.
- Plan, design and undertake regular surveys/assessments of price developments and examine their implications on overall inflation in order to provide early signals on the likely direction of inflation for the attention of management
- Monitor and provide advice on general price developments and its implications for the attainment of the Government’s inflation objective.
- Conduct research on price and economic developments with the view to adequately inform policy.
- Provide input in the monthly inflation outlook using a current understanding of price developments and relevant forecasting models.
- Coordinate and manage the Prices Unit of the Research Division in order to deliver analytical reports on domestic and international prices in support of departmental objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc/MA in Economics; or equivalent with 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better, including English and Mathematics).
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Understanding of inflation dynamics
- Understanding of price statistics
- Understanding of Government inflation objective
- Understanding macroeconomic policy and management
- Good research, modeling and forecasting skills
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply. Please note that all the positions are on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications should apply enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of certificates to the undersigned.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Director – Human Resources Bank of Zambia Bank Square P.O BOX 30080 Lusaka.