Care International Zambia Currently Recruiting: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
CARE International has partnered with Concern Worldwide Zambia (CWZ) and the Nutrition Association of Zambia (NAZ) in the Scaling UP Nutrition Fund, whose aim is to promote harmonization and alignment among key Cooperating Partners (DFID, SIDA and Irish Aid) and stakeholders, avoiding duplication of efforts as well as reducing transaction costs for all partners, including the Government of Zambia. The program is supporting implementation of the Government’s First 1000 Most Critical Days programme, focused on scaling up evidence-based priority interventions to tackle stunting, in 14 priority districts across the country. Implementation of activities will be carried out primarily through Grants to Government and other bodies (including NGOs and UN Agencies).
CARE International under the consortia is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced professional for the following position:
Position Title: MONITORING AND EVALUATION MANAGER
To be responsible for the overall management of the Performance Management Plan for the SUN Fund program (approx. 50% of time); to lead on capacity-strengthening activities for NFNC and Line Ministries in M&E, and Operational Research plan (approx. 50% of time), and manage relationships with key stakeholders (CPs, NFNC, consultants, researchers, etc.) on M&E of First 1000 Days Program; to source high quality technical assistance to implement capacity strengthening plan in M&E and for baseline and evaluations, as agreed with donor and oversee performance monitoring of SUN Fund Implementing Partners (IPs); to ensure that IPs have adequate M&E and learning systems to report against progress, against standardized indicators, including verification of data quality, and to consolidate data from IPs and other team members, for reports to SC and donors; and to Monitor implementation of IS plan, including review of value for money
- Prepares and agrees on Performance Management Plan for the SUN Fund program; drafts, costs and agrees on capacity-strengthening plan for NFNC and Line Ministries in M&E in accordance with program’s operational plans, methods and standards.
- Leads development and negotiation of plans for Operational Research, including identification of priorities, selecting grantees and overseeing implementation and communication; manages the implementation of the protocols for monitoring and evaluating, and reporting program quality on deliverables.
- Sources high quality technical assistance to implement capacity strengthening plan in M&E, and for baseline and evaluations, as agreed with donor; and supervises collection of data for baseline and evaluations and reviews.
- Ensures inclusion of adequate budgets for M&E within SUN Fund guidelines and proposals;explores M&E problematic issues arising from the program’s activities; confers with stakeholders and provides direct advocacy, training, mentoring and other assistance as required.
- Supports IPs to ensure they have adequate M&E and learning systems to report against progress, against standardized indicators;establishes and maintains constructive relationships with IPs and other stakeholders including links with counterparts in other NGO’s and government, and with affected communities; sets up and manages the information channels and tools essential to keeping stakeholders “in the loop” in a timely, and efficient way.
- Sources or conducts verification of data quality for results reported by IPs, and prepares draft quarterly and narrative reports to SC and donors, for review by Team Leader; acts as an advocate and change leader for best practices in Monitoring and Evaluation methods, techniques, tools and technologies.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 7 years’ experience in M&E of development programs, including preferably in area of nutrition/public health program,
- Experience in capacity building of Government and civil society staff in M&E.
- Excellent planning, communications and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated experience in applying a gender equality approach.
- Masters or equivalent in social sciences, with specialism in M&E.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please send your applications and CVs to [email protected] not later than Friday, 17th February 2017 .
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.