Cavendish University Zambia Currently Recruiting
Job Title: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
As the Executive Assistant, confidant and top office administrator, expected to keep the office of your placing running efficiently with a calm and friendly demeanor.
You are responsible for the day-to-day management of the Office and you must have the knowledge and confidence to make decisions, unsupervised and be a self starter.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation and production of various reports, budgets, presentations and papers necessary for meetings, events and conferences.
- Serves as primary editor; reviewing and proofreading correspondence sent out.
- Perform a full realm of administrative duties for the ED including; photocopying, printing, scanning and transcribing dictation.
- Manage the flow of information to the ED by screening phone calls, opening and sorting mail, and summarize reports that are received before passing the information on to the ED.
- Additionally track progress and resolution of issues and projects assigned to direct reports of the ED.
- Meet with ED regularly to consult on work in process and department status reports.
- Additionally, assist the ED in the monitoring, implementation and completion of projects.
- Set up, manage and maintain ED’s records in both electronic and paper filing systems, as well as taking steps to maintain that the ED’s office is in compliance with all applicable record-keeping requirements.
- As an EA, you will be responsible for activities’ scheduling and use effective follow up tools to ensure deadlines are met; this will include setting up yearly holidays for the ED, travel, meetings, speaking engagements and other appointments for the Executive.
- Ensure no scheduling conflicts, prepare executive for daily meetings/events; maintain monthly travel/vacation schedule for domestic and international travel within prescribed schedule and cost parameters; provide clear and comprehensive travel/meeting details.
- You will also schedule and attend staff meetings when delegated to do so and create agendas, take minutes and distribute minutes/agendas. Plan, arrange, and coordinate the programs and logistics for projects, meetings, receptions, luncheons, dinners, seminars, workshops, conferences or banquets and special events for the ED.
- Carry out office management duties; making sure that everything is in place for the office to function smoothly and keeping up with office supply inventory (stationery, food, maintenance).
- Participate in publishing the corporate newsletter by gathering information; preparing and editing articles; designing graphic presentation; producing and distributing.
- Enhance ED’s and corporation’s reputation by performing all assignments diligently
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience as executive assistant
- Pays attention to detail
- experience in education sector
How to Apply:
Applications should consist of your cover letter and CV only, in a single document. Hand delivered or posted will not be accepted. The closing date for accepting application is 16 December, 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Send applications to the email address: [email protected]