Dangote Industries Zambia Limited Recruiting: Treasury Accountant – April 2017
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern and advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Industries (Z) Ltd is looking for an action orientated, high performing, and dedicated professional to join the Finance Department.
Position: TREASURY ACCOUNTANT
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Manage DIZL’s liquidity and cash flow ensuring business needs are met in a cost effective and prudent manner, Manage and oversee funds requests, transfers and payment processing and relationship management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and implement processes and frameworks for managing DIZL’s liquidity and risk in line with Group Treasury policies.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet DIZL’s short, medium and long term financing needs ensuring alignment with the DIZL’s goals and objectives and the Group’s strategy.
- Manage the DIZL’s daily cash flows/ liquidity and ensure availability of funds to meet the company’s operations and all likely contingencies.
- Prepare cash forecasts and manage cash flows/cycles ensuring availability of adequate funds to meet DIZL’s daily operational requirements.
- Identify the need and request for funds from Group Treasury as required.
- Recommend strategies for raising necessary funds to facilitate the realisation of DIZL’s operational and corporate objectives.
- Oversee the transfer of funds between DIZL and the Group in liaison with Group Treasury.
- Validate all supplier and vendor payments and ensure that all requests for payment are supported with valid invoices/ receipts and other supporting documents in line with DIZL’s financial policies.
- Oversee the disbursement of cash ensuring compliance with defined policies and procedures.
Establish and manage relationships with key bankers and investors.
- Participate/ provide inputs in the review of DIZL’s bankers ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Manage the unit’s budget, review and approve expenditures as defined in the approved manual of authority.
- Continually identify new banking service opportunities and provide recommendations and/ or business case for adoption of such services.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or other related discipline.
- Relevant professional certification such as ACCA, CIMA or ZICA.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Member of the Zambia Chartered Accountancy.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Strong data analysis and modelling skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Sound business acumen.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should address their applications to:
The General Manager HR & Admin and send them to [email protected]
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document
Closing date for receiving applications is 10th April, 2017. Positions should be clearly mentioned in the subject line.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.