District Accountant / Finance Coordinator Job Vacancy – Choma District Zambia
CARE is an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization, dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. CARE International Zambia has vacancies available under the Scaling Up Nutrition Intervention (SUNI-EU) at Community and District Levels in Choma and Kalomo districts of Zambia. This is a Forty-two (42) months European Commission funded project (2016 – 2020) whose overall objective is to contribute to reducing maternal and child undernutrition in Zambia. The project is expected to contribute directly to the improved health of approximately 30,000 children under 2 years, 18,000 pregnant and Lactating women (PLW), 400 community volunteers and 25 GRZ staff. This project will support the Government of Zambia in addressing undernutrition through scaling up of a multi-sectoral approach combining sustainable Agriculture, Health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
CARE International in Zambia under European Commission funded Scaling Up Nutrition Interventions Project is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced staff for the following position:
Job Title: District Accountant / Finance Coordinator – Choma District
The Project Accountant will be responsible for the overall financial planning, management and reporting ensuring that all financial transactions are reasonable, allowable and allocated to specific cost categories. S/he will be responsible for managing and providing assistance to the project team on all aspects related to financial, procurement and administrative needs to ensure effective project implementation. S/he will also be responsible for the effective management and maintenance of financial information as well as production of all financial reports to account for and report on utilisation of project resources including production of monthly/quarterly financial reports to the donor.
- Monitor and report on the work plan budget utilization for SUNI project on a monthly basis
- Record keeping and retention of advance requests and liquidations
- Works with finance section to ensure timely disbursement of funds to project staff to avoid disruption to activity implementation
- Work with Finance office in Lusaka to compile monthly, Quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports
- Review monthly financial transactions for SUNI fund in SCALA for timeliness and accuracy
- Participate in Project Review meeting and planning meetings
- Review financial monthly transactions capture in the system for completeness and accuracy
- Provide administrative and procurement support to the project and staff.
- Plans and organizes mechanisms for ensuring compliance of the project advance administration to established CARE Zambia policies, protocols and a “value for money” guiding principle
- Do other work as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or equivalent in related field or professional qualifications such as ACCA and CIMA with 3 years of financial and program management experience
- Experience in managing donor-funded Grants programs
- Ability to work effectively as part of office team and coordinate with a variety of stakeholders, maintaining harmonious and productive working relationships
- Excellent and demonstrable writing and communication skills
- Excellent skills in computer applications
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Suitably qualified and interested Choma residents are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs, with day time telephone numbers should be sent to:
Director – Program Support Services, CARE International in Zambia, Plot 9, Chitemwiko Close, Kabulonga, P.O. Box 36238, LUSAKA;
Or to [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday, 18th November, 2016