Farm Operations Manager: Amatheon Agri Zambia
Amatheon Agri Zambia is part of Amatheon Agri Holding N.V., a German agribusiness and farming company, developing and operating sustainable projects in Sub-Saharan Africa. The group is headquartered in Berlin with management structures throughout Europe and business operations in Sub-Saharan Africa. Amatheon is committed to act in a manner that is socially responsible and reflects sound environmental management practices.
Farm Operations Manager
Reports to: Managing Director Amatheon Agri Zambia
Basis: Fulltime permanent employment
Salary: Industry related – based on qualifications and experience
Starting Date: May 2015
We are looking for an experienced farm manager to develop a large farming unit for our Zambian farming operations. This will include the clearing of bush and develop irrigation systems. The incumbent will also be responsible for the daily management of farming units. The farm manager will report directly to the Amatheon Agri Zambia Managing Director.
You will be responsible for the financial and physical performance of the farm and as such will be highly skilled in all aspects of farm business. Key objective will be the successful implementation of short and long term business plans in cooperation with the management team and ground staff. You will be required to optimize the farm performance, as a unit and as part of Amatheon’s farm portfolio, in accordance with company policies. In detail you will:
- Manage the initial set-up of the farm from bush clearing, irrigation installations and building up your team.
- Manage all day-to-day operations in grain production (maize, soya and wheat) & other associated farming activities
- Manage grain stock and grain quality.
- Participate in the short and long term marketing programs
- Manage budget and respective finance processes to maintain farm progress against budget parameters incl. respective management reporting.
- Perform long and short term project management to optimize farm profit and minimize loss.
- Manage maintenance of equipment and farm buildings.
- Manage staff incl. human resources and health and safety procedures.
- Manage sourcing and overseeing contractors.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor and or Master Degree in Agriculture.
- Track record of profit-loss accountability in previous farm management roles.
- 5 years hands-on experience in agricultural processes and farm operations with focus on grain production.
- Self-started with a clear focus on effective planning, time management and decision-making.
- Effective leader and team player receptive to feedback and willing to learn new things and share knowledge and skills; embracing continuous improvement.
If you feel that you qualify for the above position, please send your application letter and CV/Resume only by email to: [email protected] Please include your salary history and expectation. Do not include your testimonials at this time.
We appreciate all your interest, but will only be able to respond to shortlisted applicants with further instructions.