Finance Manager Job Vacancy: Educore Services
Educore Services provides world class, cutting edge, sustainable education through its schools and colleges. The Educore family includes three school groups providing inclusive education at all levels of the community and the Educore Teacher’s Academy, based in the North Western Province of Zambia.
Educore Services’ vision is to provide world-class education services within all levels of the Zambian education system through the provision of its technical, management and training capabilities.
The company seeks to employ a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic professional in the position of Finance Manager, reporting to the General Manager, based in Solwezi.
To be accountable for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the company, including the development of financial and operational strategy, performance metric toed to the business strategy, and ongoing monitoring and control of the company’s financial management systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial information.
- Assist in formulating the company’s business plans and tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop and implement financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes of the organization
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Manage the accounting, tax, treasury and payments functions
- Monitor the financial operations of individual schools in support of the management efforts by the Head teachers
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Qualities
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business Administration from a recognised University. or professional Accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, MAAT, ACA, CPA)
- Should be registered member of ZICA with a valid practicing certificate
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Hands on experience with Enterprise Resource Planning Software such as Sage, Microsoft, SAP etc.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with the ability to prioritize negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven qualities of integrity, credibility and decision making capabilities
- Experience in the Education sector as added advantage
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be awarded to the successful candidate in relation to market and experience.
A full CV and cover letter with at least 3 references must be sent to: [email protected]. Applicants must be willing to undergo extensive background check and clearance. Only successful applicants will be communicated to.
Closing date for applications: 9th September 2016