Finance Officer Job In Zambia: NACSEC
The National HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Council (NAC) established through an Act of Parliament No. 10 of 2002, is charged with the responsibility of developing and coordinating policies, plans and strategies for the prevention and combating of HIV, AIDS, STIs and TB in order to reduce the impact of the epidemic.
To strengthen and enhance its mandate, applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the following vacancies based at the NAC secretariat in Lusaka:
FINANCE MANAGER (GRADE 3)
Reporting to the Director General, the Finance Manager is responsible for superintending over the financial affairs of the Council in order to ensure effective and efficient utilisation of financial and organisational resources.
- Responsible for overall planning, budgeting and financial monitoring
- Ensures that all financial procedures and systems conform to standing financial instructions and national legislation
- Operates and maintains an efficient and effective accounting system in order to provide accountability and transparency
- Coordinates the timely preparation of accurate, profiled annual budgets in accordance with the annual planning process for all departments to solicit for funds from government and donor agencies
- Ensures appropriate policy, guidelines, systems and strategies for internal audit are in place in accordance with international practice
- Submits timely accurate accounts, together with explanatory reports, to the Council and for auditing purposes and presents these when required
- Provides effective and efficient financial services to the Council and to the Director General in order to facilitate the achievement of the Council’s objectives.
- Ensures that regular internal audit reports are submitted to the Director General and Audit and Risk Committee and presented if required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- School (Grade 12) Certificate or equivalent with 5 ‘O’ level credits which should include English and Mathematics
- Member of a recognized accountancy body and a holder of ACCA, CIMA, ZICA, ICAEW or equivalent
- Knowledge of manual and computerized financial management programmes
- Leadership skills
- Coaching and developing staff
- Good computer skills
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to present financial information simply and clearly
- Management and facilitation skills
- Ability to work strategically while paying strict attention to detail
- Well-developed accounting skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Detail consciousness
- Team orientation
- Decisiveness and assertiveness
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications accompanied by curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications should be sent to:
The Acting Director General
National HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Council
Plot 315, Independence Avenue
P.O BOX 38718
Email applications accompanied by curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to: [email protected].
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 15th February, 2017.