Fresh Job Vacancies at FINCA Zambia – Deadline 2nd March, 2017
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the accuracy of financial reports, compliance with accounting standards and FINCA Subsidiary’s accounting policies and procedures. As a senior staff in the department he/she will work with regional offices to improve the quality of financial records and ensuring compliance with Central Bank of Subsidiary’s and statutory requirements. He/she reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties and responsibilities includes:
Manage the company statutory obligations by withholding tax, compiling and remitting PAYE,NAPSA and tax returns in line with Accounting policies and procedures.
Review the Head-Office transactions in line with accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage the accounts and general ledger by reconciliation of payroll, portfolio and savings audit schedules with the general ledger.
- Identify and ensure compliance with all regulators, Auditors etc on all reporting issues.
- In liaison with all departments, ensure that accurate and timely financial information is generated and shared within the bank.
- Preparation of statutory reports; weekly,quarterly,semi annual and years end.
- To oversee proper cash management, to ensure that branches have enough money to disburse to clients as well as enforcing the right security measures to cash handling.
- 6 years of experience in accounting role
- Proven experience working with a banking institution or any audit firm
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Certified ACCA/CIMA