Graduate Job at Airtel Zambia: Compensation and Benefits Manager
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
VACANCY: Compensation and Benefits Manager
JOB LEVEL: Senior Manager
To formulate and execute Compensation & Benefits Management Strategy for Airtel Zambia in line with Airtel Group total reward philosophy and local regulations to ensure internal parity, competitive advantage and alignment with global recommendations resulting in improved performance, employee satisfaction and retention.
REPORTING TO THE HUMAN RESOURE DIRECTOR – THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES ARE;
1. Compensation and Benefits policies and initiatives aligned with Airtel Africa strategy and market realities
- Ensure effective implementation of Airtel Africa compensation strategies in Zambia whilst considering local peculiarities
- Develop precise action plans around employee reward issues from Airtel Zambia employee engagement survey feedback
- Ensure consistency of employee remuneration with performance and market value.
- Drive the job evaluation process
2. Regular employee total reward benchmarking with competition and employers of choice that ensures competitive advantage in Airtel Zambia
- Engage world class service providers in research and delivery of reward service and salary survey data for Airtel Zambia
- Manage relationship with these service providers to ensure data provided meets Airtel Zambia requirements.
3. Design and deployment of skills/level/function specific incentives that drives performance
- Design customized incentive packages for employees in various roles/cadre
- Ensure that remuneration, bonus payouts and other incentives are clearly inked to individual/team performance
- Ensure effective implementation of these incentives and continuous reviews in line with economic and market realities
4. Effective HR Budget Control and Reporting
- Oversee data availability and optimization of Airtel Zambia HR costs
- Provide effective HR cost forecast in line with planned employee activities such as recruitment, salary reviews, incentive payouts etc.
- Compilation and distribution of HR functional Management and Performance Analysis (MAPA) to Airtel Zambia leadership and Africa
5. Performance and Reward capability enhancement
- Ensure continuous employee communication in Airtel Zambia on Airtel performance and total rewards guides and principles
- Ensure a well-informed Airtel Zambia HR Community on Airtel Africa/Zambia reward strategies, policies and practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field required
- Masters in Business Administration or Human Resources Management is desirable
- Proven track record of delivering remuneration strategies
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources, with at least 2 years at manager level
- 2+ years’ experience in designing and implementing sound compensation, benefits and Performance Management systems
- Knowledge of international benefits trends
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to HR areas
PERSONAL BEHAVIOUR REQUIRED IN THE POST.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines and multiple priorities
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing proactively with all levels of internal and external management and vendor or agency personnel
- Strong mathematical aptitude and analysis skills for researching, analyzing, and developing compensation related programs and recommendations.
Suitable candidates are required to send their application & Curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Closing date for applications is Friday 18th November, 2016.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]