Fresh Internship Opportunity at PATH Zambia: Finance Operations – May 2017
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Global Program: International Development
Project Name: Zambia Country Program
Start date: May 2017
End date: November 2017
Estimated number of hours per week: 30
Location(s) of internship: Lusaka, Zambia
Will the intern be receiving a stipend? Yes
Will the Intern travel? No
Internship project background and aims:
This internship is designed to provide practical work experience to students or recent graduates from a finance/accounting college program. The intern will work together with the Country Program finance team in Zambia and will be mentored by the Finance Manager. The intern will work on a variety of activities and tasks related to managing the finances of the country program of a global non-profit organization.
The benefit to Intern:
Intern will gain exposure to financial operations of a country program for an international NGO. Intern will gain hands-on experience in conducting financial processes and will assist with meeting department goals.
Internship goals and learning objectives:
- To gain experience in the finance/accounting field.
- To gain an understanding of the finance department general operations, processes and procedures.
- To strengthen interpersonal communication skills with colleagues and other stakeholders.
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
Ability to work in a professional office conducting a variety of administrative and financial tasks such as office organization, filing systems and document archiving, document audit, departmental coordination, application of technology (including Word, Excel, Outlook, scanning and printing).
- Compile vouchers in readiness for scanning and attaching all necessary documents.
- Scan copies of the payment vouchers/general vouchers generated during each week of the month along wth supporting documents.
- Filing of payment/journal vouchers copies and other supporting documents.
- Write a cheque for the approved payments vouchers.
- Make copies of the signed cheques before they are released to suppliers and attach to respective payment vouchers.
Learning outcomes (how the Intern’s performance will be evaluated):
With consistent mentorship and direction provided during the course of the internship, the intern’s performance will be evaluated based on:
- Regular meetings and feedback from internship manager and/or team.
- Review of progress on and completion of internship activities.
Required skills and experience:
- Students or recent graduates in ACCA, CIMA or ZICA studies, preferably mid-level students.
- Proficiency with Microsoft package is required. Candidates will be asked to complete a computer skills test.
*All PATH internships are eligible for school credit. Please refer to your university’s process for credit eligibility.*
Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.