Interns/Trainees: Amatheon Agri Zambia
Amatheon Agri is an European agribusiness and farming company developing and operating sustainable agriculture and food projects in Sub-Saharan Africa, headquartered in Berlin.
Amatheon aims to create shareholder value and increased food production through the development of new large scale agriculture operations, the application of state-of-the-art farming techniques and vertical integration across the agricultural value chain. We understand our business impacts on local communities and the natural environment. Therefore, ensuring social and environmental responsibility and sustainable operations is one of our key success factors.
What we offer:
- A great opportunity to live and work in Zambia/Uganda and a chance to be part of and contribute to the growth of a leading agribusiness company:
- 800 – 1500 ha currently cropped lands (rain-fed and irrigated).
- 1500 – 2200 ha expansion planned in 2015. Bush clearing, land preparation and dam building to be done simultaneously with the farming operations.
- An opportunity to learn how to optimize crop production using the latest technology on site.
- You will have an established team of specialists to support you.
What we are looking for:
We are continuously on the lookout for motivated candidates for the following roles:
- Farm Manager Trainees
- Heavy Machinery Operators
Operational skills required to support our 3000 ha farming operation in Zambia/Uganda:
- Completed training in Agriculture, Agricultural expert or current studies in Agriculture or Agronomics (a plus but not essential for heavy machinery operators).
- Practical experience with handling heavy machinery like tractors, combines and other related equipment.
- An enthusiastic, adventurous and energetic approach as you will be key part of a fun young management operations team.
- Driving license for agricultural tractors.
- Ability to work in a team, diligence, reliability, commitment and self-initiative.
- Fluent English speaker.
Availability: Min 2 months.
Do you love working independently, taking initiative and are you interested in an African adventure? We’d love to hear from you!
Please send your application via email to Mrs. Annett Sitar: [email protected]. Please include the role you’re applying for, your possible start date and salary expectation.