Job Vacancy for Director Of Programmes, Health Centre in Charge and Service Providers
PPAZ is seeking a qualified person for the position of Director of Programmes to be based in Lusaka.
To oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of ongoing programmes including planning, organising, staffing, leading, and controlling programme activities.
The primary roles of the Director of Programmes are:
- Plan the delivery of the programmes and their activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the Association
- Provide strategic leadership to PPAZ programme staff
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the programmes
- Develop the Annual Programme Budget (APB) and to provide guidance and leadership during implementation of APB
- Develop funding proposals for the programmes to ensure the continuous delivery of services
- Ensure that programme activities operate within the policies and procedures of the Association and comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all programme staff
- Build capacity of staff to be proactive and effective in responding to the advocacy challenges facing Zambia in the field of SRH
- Supervise programme staff by providing direction, input and feedback
- Communicate with partners and other stakeholders to gain political and community support for the programme and to solicit input to improve the program
- Liaise with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Provide leadership in the preparation of reports for management and for funders
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the programmes operate within the approved budget
- Monitor and approve all budgeted programme expenditures
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested
Required Attributes, Competencies and Experience
- At least 8 years of work experience including at least three (3) years of management experience related to programme management implementation in the field of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and or Public Health.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, business/proposal development, verbal and written communication skills.
- Results oriented and attention to detail.
- Experience in working in an NGO with USAID funding will be added advantage.
- Minimum of a B.A./BSc, ideally with a master’s Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Social Sciences or any related field.
Please send your application letter and CV clearly marking “Director of Programmes” by 26TH May 2017 at 17:00 Hours to:
The Executive Director
PPAZ Head Office
11 Nkanchibaya Road, Off Addis Ababa Road
Rhodes Park, P.O. BOX 32221,