A Microfinance Institution based in Lusaka Recruiting Now: Accounts Assistant
A fast growing microfinance institution providing personal loans and working capital finance to SMEs seeks to recruit an Accounts Assistant who will be based at the Head Office in Lusaka.
The company provides a wide array of financial services to payroll backed employees and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. Products among others include Emergency loans, Educational loans, Funeral Assistance and Asset Finance on the personal loans while products provided on the SME front include Invoice Discounting, Order Finance and Working Capital loans.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the daily administrative and financial accounting functions of the Company. He/she will also ensure that reconciliations for various account balances are done timely as per set deadlines and report the same to our Home Office.
- Maintaining an updated, complete and accurate corporate ledger and take overall responsibility for the general ledger.
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Daily update of information onto the MIS
- Managing relations with suppliers
- Managing Account payables and receivables
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations including bank reconciliations
- Conducting random cash counts and checking branch petty cash and vault reconciliations
- Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets schedules
- Prepare monthly management accounts and related schedules
- Ensuring Statutory Return figures are computed accurately, filed and forward payment timeously
- Performing ad-hoc duties as and when requested to do so
Experience and Qualifications
- Must have proven experience in financial accounting/ book keeping, audit and statutory return compilation.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Finance operations role
- Advanced computer literacy, including MS word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- 3 references to confirm experience
- Full ACCA/CIMA or Accounting Degree.
- Must be a ZICA member
Send your detailed CV and copies of academic qualifications to [email protected] not later than 24th March, 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]