Monsanto Zambia Recruiting: ESH Generalist
Monsanto is a sustainable agriculture company. We deliver agricultural products that support farmers all around the world.We are focused on empowering farmers—large and small—to produce more from their land while conserving more of our world’s natural resources such as water and energy. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ESH Generalist – 011E2
Provide ESH support to sites in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Assist sites to comply with Monsanto ESH requirements
- Assist sites to comply with Country specific ESH legislation
- Facilitate compliance audits
- Conduct inspections and audits at all sites
- Monitor implementation of special programs at all sites
- Review recordable incidents with site teams to determine root
- Recommend corrective actions
- Assist and support site to achieve and maintain OHSAS18001, IISO14001 and MONSANTO Star certification
- Identify ESH knowledge and understanding gaps of ESH Coordinator at sites.
- Develop appropriate ESH training
- Train and coach ESH Coordinator and site personnel in ESH topics and measure effectiveness
- Implement ESH Master Plan and monitor ESH Goals for responsible sites
- Attend and participate in regional ESH meetings
- Participate in ESH regional task team conference calls
- Participate and or lead ESH regional master plan teams
- Participate in Global ESH teams
- Compile weekly and monthly progress reports
- A qualification in Safety Management (NDSMN – National diploma in Safety Management) or similar
- Sound knowledge of local ESH legislation and SANS standards
- Qualified OHSAS18001 and ISO14001 Internal auditor
- Five years experience as a Safety Coordinator at site level
- Strong Administrative skills
- Bilingual – English and Afrikaans
- Excellent computer skills – word, excel, power point, outlook, SAP
- Good communication at different levels – presentation and verbal communication
- Good report writing skills
- Results oriented – adhere to strict deadlines
- Knowledge of quality management practices, applicable legislation and codes of practice
- Completed HAZOP qualification
- TapRoot Incident Investigation qualification
- Regular travelling to the different sites is a requirement and will include overnight stays.
- Willing to travel to and work in African countries and occasional intercontinental travel is involved.
- Must be able to adapt to changing circumstances and plan accordingly.