New Employment Opportunity in Chipata at Winrock International
POSITION TITLE: District Coordinator x 4
LOCATION: Chipata, Zambia
DEPARTMENT: Business Development & Livelihoods
REPORTS TO: Community/Business Development and Livelihoods Specialist
Winrock International is recruiting four District Coordinators for a US Department of Labor (USDOL)-funded project called EMPOWER. Each coordinator will be responsible for one of the selected districts of a) Chipata/Chandiza; b) Lundazi, c) Petauke and d) Katete in Eastern Province, Zambia. Key responsibilities will include oversight of the implementation activities in the respective districts.
The District Coordinator will support the project by providing technical guidance and oversee the delivery of technical services to beneficiaries, monitor project activities to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with work plans and USG regulations at the field/local level. The local coordinators will report to the Community/Business Development and Livelihoods (CBDL) Specialist.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in relevant multi-sector district coordination or sector meetings as well as provide input to District Child Labour Committees (DCLC);
- Work with District Child Labour Committees (DCLCs), where already established to organize a planned kickoff PRA workshop with relevant public, private, and community stakeholders
- Use DCLCs as entry points where they exist; to establish or strengthen referral systems at community and district levels. (including formation of Community Child Labour Committees)
- Coordinate efforts among partners at district and community levels to maximize efficiency. Coordinate with District Labour Officers and other relevant government departments.
- Serve as primary contacts for local authorities and officials, and foster local ownership and participation in the project.
- Provide leadership and technical support for all local activities, staff and volunteers, and monitor project activities on a daily basis at field level.
- Responsible for implementing project activities (including engaging beneficiaries in the project) at the field in collaboration with district staff and volunteers.
- Participate in work planning sessions with project staff and partners for the implementation and monitoring of activities at the field level. The DC will also support implementation of the Rural Entrepreneurship and Leadership (REAL) course.
- Ensure the efficient use of project equipment and assets at field level.
- Provide support to Project Specialists responsible for Youth & Entrepreneurship Training, Community Awareness and PPP.
- Provide weekly briefings to the CBDL Specialist through a written report on activities, upcoming plans, and challenges.
- Engage the private sector, local authorities and other partners at district level with the aim of advancing project sustainability.
- Perform other project responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education, development, social sciences, management, administration or related fields;
- Knowledge of child labor issues
- Prior experience with community engagement/advocacy, awareness-raising, and management of community volunteers
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple tasks
- Strong written and communications skills
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Valid Driving License for a Motorbike OR should be willing to learn how to ride.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should apply via e-mail to EMPOWER [email protected] – indicating only “District Coordinator” in the subject line, by Monday, 10th April 2017. The e-mail should contain your CV, cover letter, three (3) professional references, and minimum salary requirements.
PLEASE INDICATE THE DISTRICT OF YOUR CHOICE IN THE SUBJECT.