New Job Openings at ChildFund Zambia – Deadline 22 May 2017
This position will ensure the robust financial management of sub-grants of the ChildFund Zambia program, in line with local laws, donor regulations, applicable policies and procedures and international best practice. In doing so, the Sub-Grants Finance Manager will work on training partners on financial and reporting matters as per donor regulations. In addition, the post holder will be responsible for reviewing and reconciling sub-grant financial reports and providing feedback; review sub-grant cash requests; track sub-grant budgets and obligations; inform the Sub-grants Director and Finance Director of major significant under and over-spending; ensuring completeness, correctness and accuracy of sub-grant financial reports. Responsible for conducting financial and general compliance monitoring visits for subgrantees. Prepare monitoring reports and compliance work plans after each monitoring visit.
Finance Manager: Sub-Grants.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance with a recognized professional certificate in accounting such as ZICA, CIMA, or ACCA and previous experience in grants financial management, finance, accounting, and/or auditing.
- Not less than 5 years at a senior level within the Finance Department of an international organization. Experience in the sub-grant oversight and management will be an added advantage
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, standard spreadsheet and database programs.
- Member of ZICA
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCE
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Must be comfortable in being a proactive member of the Finance management team. Must seek to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the level of management appropriate to effect solutions.
- Must be able to function effectively in a loosely structured, but complex work environment and to set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support from within the program organization.
- Must be a patient and good communicator who can function in an organizational environment involving personal interests and agendas.
- Good at the role of facilitator and team player in solving problems.
- Committed to sub-grantee capacity building and training
Interested applicants are advised to email [email protected] and [email protected] for detailed job roles and responsibilities. Applications letters clearly stating the position being applied for as the subject matter to the above address are due no later than 5:00 pm 22nd May 2017.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ChildFund Zambia is an equal opportunity employer.