New Job Opportunity at Agribusiness Incubation Trust Ltd – April 2017
Agribusiness Incubation Trust (AgBIT) Limited is Zambia’s pioneer agribusiness incubator, focused on accelerating innovation and the growth of scalable enterprises in the sector. Established with the initial support of Danida through the UniBRAIN Facility, AgBIT is a unique public-private-partnership initiative bringing together the private sector, research and university community to provide the requisite environment critical to enabling the sustainable take-off and growth of agribusiness startups and SMEs.
Through its Business Incubation program, AgBIT is supporting the rapid growth of small but high-potential enterprises (SMEs) and startups in the agribusiness sector, minimizing the risk of business failure in their formative years, and encouraging more innovation.
Anchored on the strength of its unique consortium, the AgBIT incubator takes leadership in the commercialization of available agribusiness technologies, providing strong business mentorship to SMEs, linking smallholders to markets, strengthening the supply chain, and delivering quality business development services to SMEs and producers alike.
AgBIT’s business incubation goes beyond business training to providing key mentorship and client-tailored support to high-potential entrepreneurs and farmer cluster enterprises. We are therefore looking for a candidate to fill the following position;
Off-Grid Energy Officer (1)
This position is for an anticipated project that the organization is bidding to implement with the goal of supporting private businesses, farmers’ cooperatives, associations, and various community-based organizations, especially those serving marginalized peoples, and those working in the off-grid energy sector, engaged in economic and social development activities.
Reporting to the Programme Director, The Off-Grid Energy Program Officer will be in charge of supporting the implementation of off-grid energy projects by program-supported grantees; working with country partners to identify viable and scalable off-grid energy projects that can be supported; providing technical, business and marketing support to off-grid energy grantees; working with off-grid energy clients and other stakeholders at company, sector, and policy levels. In coordination with the M&E Officer, undertake monitoring, evaluation and reporting requirements of the program; and document best practices from global practice in the off-grid energy sector and provide necessary operational advice to grantees and potential grantees.
- Degree in business, engineering, finance, economics, or related subject.
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial sales/marketing experience or business development experience with a specific focus on rural and social marketing, as well as SMEs, and experience interfacing with the supply chain and end consumers.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with demonstrated knowledge in launching new products; especially in the off-grid energy and/or renewable energy sector. Candidates having more experience with off-grid, clean energy, solar technologies, and related markets have a competitive advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English language communication and interpersonal skills, with fluency in at least one local Zambian language
- Equal opportunities offered to female and male candidates
- Open to Zambian nationals only
The email subject line must clearly show the “applicant’s name_position. Applications without the right subject heading will be automatically disqualified.