New Job Recruitment at Zambia Sugar Plc – Ends 17 Feb 2017
Zambia Sugar Plc, a large agro-industry which is part of the Illovo Sugar Ltd, is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugarcane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products. The Company has a permanent employee base of 1700 and offers medical, educational, sport, recreation and other social facilities on its Estates in Mazabuka.
The Nakambala Sugar Mill is able to crush in excess of 700 tons cane an hour through two production lines, and includes a process and packaging facility able to produce a variety of sugar with a production rate that can exceed 2000 tons of sugar a day. The area comprises approximately 28000 hectares of irrigated sugarcane. An approximately 17000 hectares of the planted area is owned by Zambia Sugar Plc; and the balance of 11000 hectares is owned by fourteen (14) commercial growers and three (3) small scale grower entities whose affairs are managed by the Estimated Recoverable Crystal (ERC)Committee comprising membership from Zambia Sugar Plc and the Growers.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions:
JOB TITLE: PLANT ENGINEER —FRONT END OPERATIONS
The incumbent shall lead, motivate and develop the Front-End Operations team to ensure optimal performance and efficiencies are obtained with the least possible down time. This will include the front-end, Boiler and Steam generation sections.
- To plan, supervise arid manage all operational and maintenance works on equipment and machinery in the section during on and off season to ensure alignment with the companies goals and objectives.
- To ensure safety of all personnel, equipment and machinery.
- To assist with strategic long term planning with a view to improve operational performance and equipment reliability.
- To prepare Capital and Operation Budgets for the section
- To develop a detailed season operational plan to ensure that the front-end operates with minimal interruption for the whole crushing season.
- To monitor designated operational areas and ensure equipment is operated correctly and according to specifications and recommendations.
- To investigate all Plant breakdowns and unplanned outages with the view of eliminating any future failures of similar nature.
- To implement the Group maintenance and reliability program in the operations section.
Qualifications, Experience and Membership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least ten (10)years’ experience in maintenance and operations in sugar manufacturing; with specific strengths in Boiler and front-end maintenance and operations.
- Member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ) or other Professional Engineering bodies (for candidates outside Zambia)
- Demonstrated organisational and planning skills.
- Hard working and willing to engage at shop-floor level.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling of maintenance processes.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Broad knowledge across a variety of Engineering disciplines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications and specifications should apply enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae and copies of educational and professional qualifications, contact address, and phone numbers to the undersigned by 17 February 2017.
The Human Resources Director
Zambia Sugar Plc.
P 0 Box 670240
Zambia Sugar Plc.
P 0 Box 670240