Ongoing April Recruitment at Dangote Industries Zambia Limited
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern and advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Industries (Z) Ltd is looking for action orientated, high performing, and dedicated professional to join the Finance Department
Position: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Prepare corporate financial reports for DIZL to aid management decision making and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations, Oversee reconciliation of DIZL’s bank account statements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with IFRS, DIZL’s accounting policies, and applicable financial reporting standards and practices.
- Assist DIZL’s management in the implementation of new/ approved reporting or other financial operations standards.
- Manage the organisation’s general ledger and ensure all transactions are processed in line with acceptable accounting principles.
- Manage DIZL’s revenue and expenditure accounts.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of the monthly “financial close” activities.
- Oversee the performance of periodic ledger and bank reconciliations as required.
- Maintain relationships with DIZL’s banks and other relevant financial institutions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, including consolidated financial statements and cash flow statements for DIZL.
- Collate DIZL financial information from all country locations (plants, etc.) for consolidation and reporting.
- Verify collated information to ensure financial reports are accurate and up-to-date.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant financial information for strategic decision making and external audit purposes.
- Participate in documenting DIZL’s accounting policies and carry out periodic updates as required.
- Maintain records of approved reporting policies and procedures, and provide clarifications as required.
- Participate in relevant communications with external auditors and Internal Audit staff.
- Provide financial information required for audit exercise, and support in other tasks as required.
- Conduct continuous research to stay abreast of financial and technological changes applicable to the reporting function, and provide input for resolution of issues as required
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or related discipline.
- Relevant professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or ZICA etc.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Member of the Zambia Chartered Accountancy.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Advanced accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Ability to gather, collate and analyse information/ data effectively and efficiently.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to details.
- Good interpersonal relationship and people management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should address their applications to:
The General Manager HR & Admin and send them to [email protected]
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document
Closing date for receiving applications is 14th April, 2017. Positions should be clearly mentioned in the subject line.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.