Ongoing Recruitment at American Embassy in Zambia – Deadline 22 Feb 2017
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Job title: Health Informatics Specialist
- Provides technical assistance to HIV/AIDS information and communications technology
(ICT) activities funded through CDC Zambia with partner organizations.
- System development, security, training, connectivity, overall operational communications and ICT support to
ensure optimal ICT service delivery for CDC, PEPFAR and its implementing partners
- Be part of a team responsible for the software development, system implementation and support in health facilities to meet Zambian government objectives and PEPFAR reporting objectives
- Routinely update senior staff on the progress of these activities and review priorities
and scopes of work based on PEPFAR and CDC strategies
- Master’s degree in either, Health Informatics, Health Information Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Systems Security or Software Engineering
- Five years of progressively responsible experience as a subject matter expert in information systems with team leadership expertise is required. Experience should include: providing oversight for enterprise-wide information system projects; identifying and meeting with stakeholders to gather requirements for applications
- Selecting appropriate tools for systems development and implementation; working with a programming team to develop and maintain systems; installing and maintaining computer hardware and network infrastructure for enterprise-wide information systems
- Level IV (fluent) English (Language proficiency will be tested)
- Demonstrated ability to readily analyze, understand and discuss new program design and implementation approaches; identify priority actions, generate and complete work plans within defined timelines
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in achieving results with a wide range of program partners
- In-depth, comprehensive and evolving knowledge of computer hardware and software systems, applications development methods and team leadership
- Thorough knowledge of informatics concepts, principles, methods, and practices sufficient to plan and carry out difficult and complex assignments and develop new informatics-related methods, approaches and procedures
How to apply
Visit the website for a full job description and submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on the website
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g transcripts, degree) The Human Resources Officer,
P.O. BOX 320065,