Senior Accountant Job Vacancy: Maamba Collieries Limited
Maamba Collieries Limited (MCL) is jointly owned by Nava Bharat Singapore Pte Limited and ZCCM-IH plc. The Company owns and operates a large scale coal mine and has also constructed and operates a 300 Mega Watt Coal fired Power Plant to cater for the growing demand for power in Zambia. Maamba Collieries is looking for dynamic and young accounts professionals who want so build a career for themselves with a huge and professionally managed company located at Maamba, Sinazongwe District, Southern Province. The position on offer is:
Senior Accountant (2 positions)
The successful candidates will be part of the Accounts and Finance Department and will be part of the Team which is required to manage the financial and accounting requirements and services of the Company. The selected candidates will report to the Finance Manager. The job offers an attractive package and other conditions of service that are commensurate with the candidates qualifications and experience.
- Preparation of financial statements.
- Thorough knowledge in managing Accounts payable and receivables.
- Should have good knowledge of company taxation matters.
- Should be able to administer various Management Information Systems (MIS) Report.
- Be able to administer the staff pas roll and ensuring that all statutory deductions are reflected and remitted to the concerned institutions.
- Verification and finalization of payments to various contractors and other suppliers.
- Good analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication shills
- Team work
Qualifications and Skills
- Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent
- Degree in Accountancy/ACCA/CIMA
- Not less than 5 years post qualifying experience.
- Experience in a mining or manufacturing environment will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate in various accounting package. Working experience in any of the ERP packages would be preferred.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants ZICA).
If you think you meet the above qualifications and experience, kindly apply to the undersigned., enclosing your detailed CV copies of your certificates and citing 3 traceable references not later than Thursday, 23rd March, 2017.
The Human Resource Manager
Maamba Collieries Limited
PO BOX 99
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted,