Vacancies at Dangote Industries Zambia Limited
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern and advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Industries (Z) Ltd is looking for action orientated, high performing, and dedicated professional to join the Finance Department
Position: Accounts Receivable Trainee
Reports to: Financial Accountant
Ensure accurate and timely recognition and reporting of all revenue generated by the plant in the course of its business and Manage customers’ accounts ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all sales orders issued to customers.
- Confirm customer deposit into DIZL’s bank account and post against customer’s account
- Reconcile customer accounts to the general ledger balances.
- Identify irregularities in the customer account reconciliation and work with the relevant Sales and Marketing staff to resolve these issues.
- Post necessary entries to correct errors/irregularities identified in customer account reconciliation.
- Review the commercial agreement entered into the database for each customer to ensure it complies with the written agreement.
- Reconcile cash sales to sales orders and cash at the bank, on a daily basis.
- Recognize revenue on receipt of proof of delivery (invoice, waybill, haulage invoice, etc).
- Analyze cash/ credit sales vs. cement dispatch (weighbridge) vs. actual quantity of cement produced on a weekly basis; investigate and resolve all variances identified.
- Generate monthly Sales and Collection Report to aid management decision making.
- Resolve queries on customer account balance and provide account history where required.
- Track customer bank guarantees and liaise with the relevant banks to ensure payment is made on the bank guarantee’s due date(s).
- Generate customer aging report and follow up with relevant staff in Sales and Marketing on due sales orders to ensure payments are received.
- Proactively and efficiently execute work plans as approved by the Financial Accountant.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of Financial and other relevant parties.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Financial Accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related disciplines.
- No experience is required, but one (1) to three (3) years of relevant work experience will be an advantage
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should address their applications to:
The General Manager HR & Admin and send them to [email protected]
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document
Closing date for receiving applications is 15th April 2017. Positions should be clearly mentioned in the subject line.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.