Zambia Financial Controller Job: Monsanto Company
Monsanto works to help farmers produce food in a sustainable way. In Monsanto we think holistically about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests – to make a plate of meats, grains, fruits and vegetables within reach for every family.
Based in Lusaka Zambia, the role will oversee all accounting, reporting and compliance activities with support from regional, global and SSC teams. The responsibilities include working as a single point of contact (SPOC) for all local finance activities as well as providing sound leadership as part of the Zambia Leadership Team.
- Ensure Compliance to Corporate Controllership Policies (CCP’s) and FCPA (vendor approvals)
- Preparation and submission of quarterly controllership and tax certifications
- Preparation of monthly tax provisions; US and statutory tax reporting
- Review of quarterly tax submissions / tax forecasts to USA/annual SEC and GDX packs
- Preparation of annual and provisional income tax returns
- Internal audits, USGAAP/external audits and statutory returns
- Prepare annual financial statements and drive IFRS conversions when necessary
- Approval of all balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of legal entity cashflow forecasts and cash management
- Month end closing activities – TB review (P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Calculation and payment of provisional taxes in liaison with tax coordinator
- Approval of electronic vendor payments (account signatory)
- Maintain relationships with 3rd parties ie vendors, bank, tax authorities, auditors etc
- Providing support to business and finance projects
- Cost centre; Balance sheet and Tax reviews
- Provide support to costing team on stock counts and controls.
- Manage local entity SLA’s with SSC
- Drive local annual budget process
- Drive annual fixed assets verifications
- Business partnering and site visits for training, expense reporting, CCP’s
Desired Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field
- Professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/Chartered Accountant)
- 8 – 10 years’ experience within finance; of which 2 years at managerial level.
- Good working knowledge of local statutory compliance requirements
- Thorough understanding of USGAAP and IFRS concepts
- Excellent analytical skills and good working knowledge of ERP eg SAP, SUN, Oracle etc.
- Manufacturing or agricultural sector experience is an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good relationship management and networking skills.
- Demonstrate courage and candor in negotiating and influencing
- Strong results orientation