Action Africa Help International is Currently Recruiting in Zambia
Title: Protection Officer
Location: Nchelenge (Luapula)- Mantapala Camp
Duration: 1-year Contract (Renewable)
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is a regional African – led non- governmental organization that supports livelihood – challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well – being and standard of living. With Country Programs in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Somalia and Kenya, AAH-I has over 20 years ‘experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations.
We are looking for a Protection Officer to join our team to assist our Food Distribution team to ensure accountability and compliance during program implementation. The officer will also ensure community participation, involvement and contribution thereby ensuring community ownership on protection issues.
- Collaborate with different stakeholders and communities to handle cases of Sexual exploitations
- Identification of special cases among beneficiaries needing special attention
- Conduct home visits in the refugee camp
- Handle beneficiaries GBV cases together with other stakeholders
- Provide psychosocial counseling services to refugees
- Provide technical support to the food distribution teams on protection issues
- Track the performance of the project activities and outputs against expected results and approved budgets
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a related field in an NGO
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and effective written and verbal format; including good facilitation skills.
- Skills in management information systems.
All applications containing the Cover letter, CV and qualifications in one document must be sent to [email protected] clearly stating the position being applied for.
The deadline for all applications falls on the 19th of February, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]