ActionAid International Zambia Fresh Recruitment
ActionAid is an international human rights and anti-poverty agency working in over 47 countries, taking sides with people living in poverty to fight injustice and end poverty.
ActionAid Zambia is part of the global ActionAid family. We are helping to build a fair and just world where everyone can claim their rights. To achieve this, ActionAid Zambia empowers youth, women, supports small scale farmers, works with children to improve education and holds companies and governments to account. To this effect, Action Aid Zambia now declares a Head of Fundraising and Partnership Development position in its establishment which is to be based in Lusaka.
Job Title: Head of Fundraising and Partnership Development
Reporting to the Country Director, this is a Senior Management position and the incumbent will be a member of the Country Management Team (CMT).
Qualifications & Experience
The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized University; Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Have at least five (05) years working experience in resource mobilization function two years of which should be in senior management position in an INGO or a large organization;
- Have practical experience in resource mobilization including; proposal development, concept writing, donor reporting and managing donor relations
- Taking lead in the development of fundraising system, policies and procedures and initiatives.
- Experience in developing, maintaining and updating profiles for current and potential donors and child sponsorship database.
- Able to monitor and report on donor fund flow, utilization to ensure high quality and timely reporting to donors.
- Able to lead and coordinate AAZ fundraising initiatives as well as offering support to AAI and partners where needed.
- Coordinating AAZ fundraising initiatives, taking lead on formulation of fundable proposals in line with CSP programs and in accordance with the AAZ fundraising policy and strategy to ensure steady funds inflow within the organization.
- Take lead on monitoring utilization and reporting on the use of resources to the respective donors.
- Develop and implement donor intelligence mechanisms, relationship and networking with AAZ current and potential donors.
- Overseeing AAZ sponsorship funding operations to ensure quality and timely communications;
- Building and maintaining relationships and network with other INGOs for consortium fundraising;
- Maintaining a sponsorship funding base through the recruitment, retention and relationship management of sponsors and the children they support;
- Undertaking training of staff in resource mobilization skills.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Strong conceptual, analytical, documentation and presentation skills
- In-depth understanding of programming issues and policy work at organizational, national and international levels
- Good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- High degree of integrity, dependability and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- High level of IT proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point, and social media
Please clearly indicate “Application for Head of Fundraising and Partnership Development” in your subject line
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria for the role to the following email address;[email protected], no later than Friday 24th March 2017.
Alternatively, applications can be sent to The Human Resource and Organizational Development Manager, ActionAid Zambia, P. O. Box 51407, Lusaka.
Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. While we respect all candidates, due to the high volume of applications we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Action Aid’s Website: www.actionaid.org/zambia
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]