Air International Job Vacancy In Zambia: Regional Director
- Company: Air International
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The AIR International Research and Evaluation group strives to improve the quality of life in developing countries by using rigorous research and evaluation to enhance education and social development. We conduct impact evaluations on a wide range of topics including cash transfer programs, early childhood nutrition and development programs, education interventions, health programs, women’s empowerment, and agricultural interventions. We partner with locally based researchers to provide context relevant policy analysis and to help build the research capacity in developing countries. Our work contributes to policy and financial decisions at the national and international level in countries around the world.
AIR International is seeking a Regional Director for our office in Zambia to continue expanding our networks and work funded by agencies throughout Southern Africa and abroad. The Regional Director will report to the Vice President of the International Research & Evaluation Team.
The Regional Director of AIR International will help to lead AIR’s evaluation projects in Southern Africa, serve as the face of AIR in the region, representing the organization at meetings with potential funders and policymakers to learn about funding opportunities, publicize AIR’s capabilities, and to enhance AIR’s visibility throughout the region.
The Regional Director of AIR International Zambia is AIR’s point of contact for projects and business development. AIR International Zambia staff report to this individual. This person works with senior AIR leaders to envision future business opportunities, gather reconnaissance data to provide information about social, demographic, economic and funding trends.
He/she will leverage and supplement current systems focused on identification of new business opportunities. Specific Responsibilities:
- Discussing impact evaluations, methodologies appropriate for different studies, and evidence-based decision making with donor agencies and governments
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with potential partners in Southern Africa
- Identifying and winning new projects
- Providing substantive and intellectual leadership on projects and proposals
- Providing leadership and oversight of the AIR Zambia office
Eligibility: Zambian citizens are encouraged to apply.
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Specific requirements include:
- PhD in Quantitative Methods with demonstrated history of successfully leading impact evaluations
- Content knowledge in at least one of the following areas: education, health, economics
- 7 – 10 years related experience
- Demonstrable organizational and troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude for details
- Proven leader, manager, and supervisor
- Possesses a history of successfully publishing articles and reports in peer-reviewed journals
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
- This position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia and will require up to 25 percent travel to other countries in the region for meetings with potential funders and policymakers, as well as occasional travel to AIR headquarters in Washington, DC.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter to Jessica Hristakos: [email protected]. The deadline for the receipt of applications is Friday 27th October 2017.