Airtel Zambia Latest Job Vacancies: Deadline is 14th October 2016
JOB TITLE: Treasury Accountant
VACANCY: Treasury Accountant
LEVEL: Band 5
The role is key to managing the company’s cash flow position to ensure funding is available to meet obligations as they arise and ensure cost effectiveness of funding as well as being the key liaison with all banks.
REPORTING TO THE FINANCIAL CONTROLLER, MAIN DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Managing cash balances in all bank accounts daily and ensure funding is mobilized to cover payment remittances.
- Ensuring cost effective usage of OD facilities availed by the banks to minimize interest charges.
- Reviewing bank charges monthly to ensure all charges are in line.
- Responsible for FX conversions at competitive rates versus monthly budget rates to avoid exchange losses.
- Responsible for obtaining interest statements on OD facilities to verify computations to avoid overcharges.
- Responsible for coordination and tracking of dividend payments against declared amounts.
- Ensure Compliance for all payments and receipts.
- Ensuring daily receipts reporting is consistently & accurately done and followed up for any corrective action
- Daily cash planning and submission of DCR to group
- Timeous submission of adhoc information requested by group
- Timeous submission of group reporting templates according to deadlines communicated including cash forecasts, data collection hedging templates, debt profiles
- Month on month comparison of interest and bank charges versus actual utilization
Bank Relationship Management
- Liaison for all bank related items
- Key to establish relationships with all banks to ensure smooth operations
- Responsible for ensuring resolution of all bank reconciliation items by ensuring all credits are receipted and coordinating closure on any entries requiring investigation with the banks.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to SLA communicated to S & D for confirmation of cash deposits and funds transfers.
- Responsible for ensuring all incoming funds are receipted timeously.
Credit Risk Management
- Ensuring Bank guarantees T&Cs are observed to avoid risk of loss and coordinating BG recalls where appropriate..
- Confirmation with BG issuers for all new guarantees in line with Credit Policy
Compliance with SOPs
- Regular review of Channel practices versus SOPs to ensure alignment.
- Implementation of audit recommendations for the unit.
REQUIRED SKILL AND KNOWLEGDE
- Graduate Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Full ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Registered member of ZICA
- 3+ years post qualification experience
- Good Technical knowledge of budgeting, cash management, and financial analysis processes
- Proven ability to analyze complex business issues and identify, design and implement effective practical recommendations
- IT Literacy
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Experience in use of ERP/Oracle is an added advantage
- Highest level skill in time management – proven ability to meet all deadlines
PERSONAL BEHAVIOUR REQUIRED IN THE POST
A result oriented individual who is able to operate effectively in a performance driven organisation. Highly proactive personal standard, goal oriented, detailed with excellent business awareness.
Suitable candidates are invited to apply by sending through their CV’s to[email protected]. Closing date for receiving applications is Friday 14th October 2016.