Akros Research Job Vacancy: WASH Program Manager
Akros strengthens national health systems in developing countries. We pride ourselves in our ground-level knowledge of the health systems where we work, and our ability to provide a novel, lasting solutions implemented in developing regions.
The WASH Program Manager will support the Portfolio Lead WASH in the planning, coordination, development and ensure quality implementation of program activities. He/she will work with and support the Deputy Program Manager providing necessary technical oversight and guidance to the project team to ensure successful implementation of a national level surveillance platform.
The WASH Program Manager will actively liaise with stakeholders from the donor organization, key actors within central government including MLGH, MCDMCH, MOH, MOCTA, Councils, district and sub-district stakeholders and Akros senior management to facilitate the realization of program objectives and optimize resource flow.
- Supervise and monitor the performance of project staff and ensuring that they actively contribute to the realization of program objectives and targets.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders especially within the WASH sector to ensure that project activities are highlighted and good relationships established.
- Coordinate all WASH/CLTS implementation and supervision efforts at national, provincial and district levels.
- Monitor WASH progress through IMS, quickly identifying implementation issues and backstopping field staff to resolve issues
- Routinely assess whether project activities are sufficient to achieve programmatic outcomes; swiftly develop and validate alternate strategies if not
- Backstop the project team including the Deputy Program Manager and surveillance officers (SO’s) to ensure individual implementation efforts are in line with programmatic objectives and outcomes.
- Participate in WASH-related advocacy events as necessary
- Manage team relationships and group dynamics, and implement performance management processes for all program staff
- Manage advance requests and ensure all expenditures are in line with set budgets. Accurately forecast expenditures
- Ensure all forms and records are documented and updated
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input, and feedback
- Liaise with program manager to ensure effective and efficient program delivery and provide detailed reports to program manager
- Conduct routine field visits with SO’s to monitor implementation efforts; provide field-based mentoring to harmonize Akros’ supervision approach
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in any of the following disciplines; Water and Sanitation Management, Environmental Health, Public Health, Project Planning, Information Management. A master’s degree in any of the above fields is highly preferred.
- At least 5 or more years’ experience with program management and implementation especially within the WASH sector within Zambia or the region.
- The experience of working with different stakeholders at the national, provincial or district levels.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team implementing a WASH or any other related project within the country.
- Self-starter who can lead other senior colleagues from different backgrounds.
- Excellent technical writing; quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent computer skills with fluency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Candidate should be highly productive and internally motivated
- Candidate should work well against complex and challenging delivery schedules
- Candidate should be culturally adaptable and sensitive
- Zambian national preferred
Location, Payment, and Term
This position is based in Lusaka, Zambia, and will be for a period of 12 months beginning on or about 1st May 2017. Annual renewal is contingent upon satisfactory performance review. This position will require at least 50% travel within Zambia
Applications are due no later than Thursday 13th April 2017. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis and are encouraged to apply early. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV with references to [email protected] with “Application: WASH Program Manager” as the email’s subject line. Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert. Please do not submit any other documents apart from what is indicated.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]