AKROS Research Job Vacancies in Zambia: mSpray Field Surveillance Officer (6 Positions)
- Company: AKROS Research
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
Akros strengthens national health systems in developing countries. We pride ourselves in our ground-level knowledge of the health systems where we work, and our ability to provide novel, lasting solutions implemented in developing regions.
Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) is a highly effective tool in controlling mosquito populations and therefore malaria transmission. Akros, together with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), are implementing a new mobile electronic data collection and visualization platform called mSpray (http://akros.com/mspray) to improve the delivery and efficiency of spray operations.
Provide support during field implementation of IRS and specifically the mSpray surveillance platform.
- Train district IRS teams on the use of data collection through tablets, navigation using satellite maps and daily spray protocol
- Monitor and provide guidance on adhering to the daily spray protocol.
- Travel with the spray team every day into the field to provide support and guidance
- Work with the district IRS managers and build their capacity to make daily decisions using IRS data from mSpray
- Provide daily and weekly reports while being in regular communication with the Program Manager
- Undergraduate degree in an appropriate field e.g. Geography, Information Technology, Development Studies
- Basic GIS and intermediate map-reading abilities
- Good reporting and analysis skills
- Experience in teaching or delivering training events
- Leadership experience managing a team
- Strong IT skills e.g. use of Excel and Word, as well as experience with Android
- Previous interactions with GRZ (desirable)
Location, Payment, and Term
Location: Eastern Province
Participants will be paid a daily stipend to cover own accommodation and food
Term: Approx. 3 months starting mid-October.
How to Apply
Applications are due no later than 12:00 hrs Friday 6 October 2017. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis and are encouraged to apply early. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV with references to [email protected] with “Application: IRS Surveillance Officer – 2017” as the email’s subject line.