Alistair Group Job Vacancy in Zambia: Admin and Finance Assistant
- Company: Alistair Group
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
1. Overall Purpose of the Role
- We need a highly organised, enthusiastic and motivated person to support our team to help ensure the smooth, efficient running of our operations in Zambia. The role plays a vital part in the administration and smooth-running of the office and is pivotal in the co-ordination and implementation of office procedures. Responsible for coordinating the finance, administrative and human resources function activities. Also deals with enquiries, and requests including postage, photocopying, telephone answering, mail management. The postholder will also have frequent responsibility for specific projects and tasks.
2. Specific Tasks
- Coordination of all documentation related to finance (accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, treasury, tax, audit, assets, inventory), ensuring all documentation is delivered to the end user timely and is filed properly both electronically and in hard copies in the operating office in Zambia;
- Handle pettycash requests, and request imprest from HQ;
- General administrative support including ticketing, visa, insurance, equipment statutory registration, preparing letters and documents, receive and sort mail and deliveries, schedule appointments;
- Overall day to day office management;
- First point of contact for the company including answering phone, take and relay messages, deal with queries;
- Organise, maintain and tidy the office area and equipment;
- To maintain a proper registration and filling system for all legal documents for the staff and vehicles;
- Ensure knowledge of staff and drivers movements in and out of operation, maintaining a dairy system either manually or electronically;
- And any other task assigned by the Area Lead in Zambia or HQ Finance Manager in Tanzania;
3. Essential Skills
- A proactive thinker and perceptive individual, can demonstrate attention to detail, initiative and reliability.
- Clear communication skills ensuring flow of clear, timely and candid information.
- Independent worker – A self-starter, able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Computer Literacy to effectively operate MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin. or Finance;
- Previous experience of working in an administrative and support role, including experience of setting up and managing administrative systems;
- Knowledge of Zambian statutory requirements.