AMSCO Currently Recruiting in Zambia: Chief Financial Officer / Financial Controller
- Company: AMSCO
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Our Client based in Lusaka province, seeks to recruit a Chief Financial Officer / Financial Controller. The core of this position is to effectively help manage risk and plan the organization’s financial strategy as it is in a rapid expansion.
The CFO will have the following main roles:
- Ensuring high level of internal financial control and accounting
- Preparing reliable current and forecasting financial reports
- Driving the company’s financial planning to ensure that financial objectives are attained
- Communicating effectively and timely about financial planning, performance, and potential risks
- Advising CEO on issues related to financial control
- Advising the board of directors on financial performance and risk, and all business strategies related to finance
- Assisting CEO in fundraising applications and reporting
- Supervising all finance personnel
- Coordinating and producing all statutory documentation as required
The CFO will be tasked with the following specific tasks and activities:
- Assist in the strategic planning regarding the company’s future direction
- Evaluate and advise on the performance and viability of any existing or new business area
- Develop financial strategies
- Manage the budgeting process, including budgets for the Regional offices
- Develop or improve performance measures supporting the company’s strategic direction
- Manage accounting department
- Manage cash and stock, which requires special attention given the long cash flow cycles for some of the company’s customer contracts
- Manage relations with external debtors
- Manage all aspects of the HR department relating to finance
- Manage legal, statutory and tax issues
3. Financial Information
- Manage the preparation and dissemination of all financial information, including monthly Management Accounts, monthly Management Reports and yearly Annual Accounts
- Report financial results to the board of directors
4. Risk Management
- Understand and mitigate the company’s key risk elements
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the board of directors
- Understand the short, medium and long-term funding needs of the company
- Understand and advise on the company’s capital structures
- Compile financial data necessary for funding applications
- Help CEO with reporting related to funding
Required Skill Set
- The CFO should have a master’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
- The CFO must be able to fluently understand and manage all aspects of the company’s accounting and management reporting.
- The CFO must be able to have appropriate systems and processes in place and collect sufficient data to have a bird’s eye view of the financial performance and risks of the business.
- The CFO must be able to make projections for the future as well as spotting current trends and anomalies. The CFO must have an emotional relationship but a rational response to such trends and anomalies. In other words: the CFO must independently “react” and swiftly “ring the bell” appropriately, be it an opportunity or a threat, which he/she likely should spot before anyone else.
- The CFO must be a good leader and a communicator both written and verbal. He/she must be able to convey a situation and its priorities timely and effectively to different levels of the organization: general staff, finance team, management and CEO and in some instances directly with the board of directors.
- Proven experience as a Financial Controller is a must. Proven experience as CFO is a big plus but not a requirement. However, the CFO must have prior experience of partnering with an executive team.
- The CFO must be a Zambian resident or have a Work Permit.
How to Apply
Send an application via email to [email protected]. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three contactable referees (email, phone and full addresses)