Area Sales Manager Job Vacancy In Zambia: Fenix International
Fenix International (www.fenixintl.com) is a venture-backed technology company whose mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Power, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.15 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans.
To date, we have sold over 100,000 ReadyPay Power systems in Uganda and we are growing our product portfolio and geographic coverage to bring power and a wider world of financing to over 2 million customers by 2020. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services in Zambia.
Fenix International is seeking a highly motivated, creative and experienced Area Sales Manager to drive Zambia sales for our ReadPay Solar Power Systems across Zambia. This person will work directly with the National Sales Manager and Zambia’s Sales & Marketing Director to ensure the ReadyPay brand is strong in their area, generate revenue by developing market potential through lead generation, and most importantly closing sales to hit targets as well as support the implementation of after-sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a strong team of sales agents to hit sales targets set for your region
- Complete weekly Sales & Marketing reports
- Establish, maintain and expand your customer base
- Increase business opportunities through various routes to market
- Monitor your team’s performance and motivate them to reach targets
- Set up and oversee ReadyPay Points of Sale (POS)
- Identify, train and manage a team of RedayPay Champions in your region
- Build and maintain relationships with managers and staff of ReadyPay Dealers and other key partners in your region
- Work in partnership with strategic partner’s agents to benefit from their additional activities e.g. shows, radio advertising etc.
- Keep up to date with products and competitors
- Collect, analyze and report product and customer feedback to contribute directly to Fenix product and business development strategy
- Ensure the ReadyPay brand is strong in your region
- Ensure quality of after-sales services is exceptional in your region
- Manage stock across all POSs ensuring healthy supply for RPCs to access
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Five (5) years of work experience with at least three (3) years of sales experience
- Experience working in rural sales environment
- Demonstrated ability to hit sales targets
- Experience with and ability to effectively manage a team of commissioned-based sales agents
- Ability to customize and clearly communicate the Fenix value proposition, including quantitative and qualitative benefits to the customer and the consumer
- Ability to manage inventory and after-sales services processes
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English & key languages spoken in your region
- Ability to learn and share technical specifications of Fenix products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Google Apps
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree
- Passion for Fenix, ReadyPay and our customers’ experience
- Team player
- Demonstrated ability to execute on key duties and implement projects to resolution
- Strong organization and critical thinking skills
- Ability and drive to work independently
- Humility, honesty & flexibility
- Proficiency in Nyanja, Bemba or other local language highly desired
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers/. In the cover letter, please answer the following questions:
1) What sales experience do you have in Zambia that will prepare you for this role?
2) What were your targets and what did you achieve?
3) What was your greatest challenge and what solutions did you develop to overcome this challenge and increase sales?
Fenix offers a competitive salary and a fun, fast paced and high-growth work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.