Assistant Accountant Job: Medical Stores Limited
Medical Stores Limited is the largest pharmaceutical and medical distributor in Zambia. It contributes to the pharmaceutical component of health care provision in Zambia through:
- Warehousing of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
- Distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to all districts and public sector hospitals
- Monitoring of usage trends and analyzing of logistics information
- Maintaining existing and establishing new relationships with stakeholders and partners in order to develop supply chain services in line with existing and future needs
- Providing services to customers qualitatively and professionally
- In order to enhance our service we are seeking to employ for the following position:
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT (TWO (2)YEARS CONTRACT)
Grade: MSL 5
Main Purpose of Job:
- Grant Accounting, Budgets, receivables and Taxes.
Main responsibilities of the job
- Prepare Grants accounts in line with Cooperating partners contracts and guidelines.
- Preparing monthly departmental budget performance reports and report resulting variances to budget holders.
- Day-to-day accounting functions including Invoicing of MSL commercial Services
and managing accounts receivables by ensuring accurate journal entries
- Manage staff Imprest and retirements.
- Reconciliation of revenue, deferred revenue accounts and debtors accounts.
- Management of statutory obligations and all form of taxes compliances.
- Costing of commercial services provided by MSL.
- Handle any other responsibilities assigned by the supervisors
- Grade 12 Certificate
- ACCA level II,CIMA or ZICA equivalent.
- At least three years experience in grant management. Budgeting, receivables management and thorough working knowledge of Sage Accpac and spreadsheets
- Good verbal and Communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Skills in Intermediate Financial Modeling
- Honest and integrity
If you fit the above profile. please submit your application and an updated CV with relevant supporting documents not later than Friday, 26th May 2017 on the address below.
The Human Resource Manager
Medical Stores Limited
PO Box 30207
Email: [email protected]
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.