Assistant Accountant Job vacancy – Ends 9th Feb 2017
A well established lodge in Lusaka seeks a qualified individual to hold the position of Assistant Accountant.
- Preparation of all statutory requirements on time, VAT returns, PAYE, NAPSA, Workers compensation Fund Control Board and personal levy to the local authority
- Managing of the payroll
- Banking cash and withdrawing of cash
- Making payments to suppliers
- Checking and verifying cashiers daily activity reports
- Monthly cashbook postings
- Debt collection
- Matching orders, good received and purchase invoices
- Assist in the processing of the balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices. Proactively follow up on overdue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Update Financial Data in Pastel to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Assist with reviewing of expenses as assigned
- Perform regular stock takes and issue reports
- Assist actively with month end closing
- Doing Monthly Bank Reconciliations
Skills and Qualifications
- Data Entry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites
- Strong Book Keeping Skills
- Able to work with minimum or no supervision
- Holder of Zica Technician or equivalent with 2 years working experience in Finance Department.
- Member of Zica or qualifies for Zica Registration.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. Curriculum Vitae to be submitted with comprehensive cover letter with day-time telephone to [email protected] no later than 9th February, 2017.