Assistant Human Resources Manager Wanted at DAPP Zambia – August/September 2017
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting interested, qualified and experienced candidates to apply for the Assistant Human Resources Manager (AHRM) position, tenable at the National Headquarters in Ndola. The AHRM is responsible for comprehensive assistance in developing, implementing and monitoring policies/procedures/processes in all human resources-related matters. The work is performed with significant discretion and initiative in carrying out departmental objectives efficiently and effectively under the general direction of the Human Resources Manager.
Key duties and essential job functions:
1. Coordinates daily work activities, that is;
- Organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work;
- monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work;
- Consults with assigned staff, assisting with complex/challenging situations, and providing technical expertise.
- Supervises through subordinates the planning, scheduling, and coordination of department activities;
2. Assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of strategic and service improvement plans for the Human Resources department.
3. Leads in the design and implementation of employee recruitment and selection programs, including the conduct of background and reference checks.
4. Designs and oversees orientation and training programs for new staff
5. Assists the HRM in contract administration, handling of grievances, proposed disciplinary action and counselling employees and supervisors
6. Researches and recommends the development of or revisions to policies/procedures to insure best practice implementation or legislative compliance.
7. Provides technical guidance, coaching, consultation, information, and assistance to line managers and employees regarding human resources policies, practices, procedures, programs, and employee relations issues.
8. Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database and ensures employee management information is available for and provided to all departments in order for them to plan their performance improvements.
9. Trains managers to coach and discipline employees, and schedules and leads in employee capacity development programmes.
10. Provides Investigation support to the HRM to be carried out in a timely manner in line with DAPP guidelines.
11. In consultation with the HRM, takes action to eliminate the risk and damage of employment litigation.
12. Recommends initiatives to foster positive employee relations and employee morale across the organisation.
13. Maintains continuity among Head office HR and HR in the projects by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
14. Serves as acting Human Resources Manager in the absence of the Manager.
Qualifications and personal attributes:
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management ; with three years experience at middle management level for a Degree holder and five years experience at middle management level for a Diploma holder
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management (ZIHRM), with valid practicing licence.
- Supervisory experience in a non-governmental organisation.
- Thorough knowledge of the Zambian Labour Laws and other legislative and regulatory requirements applicable to the area of human resources management.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Traceable training, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to carry out complex assignments independently and make decisions based on established law, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work with and within teams.
Interested persons should submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a cover letter by email to:
The Human Resources Manager
DAPP in Zambia
Copies of certificates must not be submitted at this stage
The position title: Assistant Human Resources Manager, must be indicated in the email subject area. The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document, and must be saved in Microsoft WORD, using the applicants’ names as the document title. Applicants must state their current or previous salary and benefits in the application letter.
Closing date: 28th August, 2017
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]