Automobile Engineer Job : Maamba Collieries Limited
Maamba Collieries Limited (MCL) is jointly owned by Nava Bharat Singapore Pte Limited and ZCCM-IH plc. The Company owns and operates a large scale coal mine and has also constructed and operates a 300 Mega Watt Coal fired Power Plant to cater for the growing demand for power in Zambia. Maamba Collieries is looking for dynamic and young accounts professionals who want so build a career for themselves with a huge and professionally managed company located at Maamba, Sinazongwe District, Southern Province. The position on offer is:
Mine Automobile Workshop Engineer (1 position)
The successful candidate will be part of the Mining Department, and will be heading the team which is required to manage the Company’s fleet of Heavy Equipment Machinery and Light Vehicles. The selected candidates will report to the General Manager – Mining. The job offers an attractive package and other conditions of services that are commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Manage, organize and efficiently control large size automobile and mechanical workshop.
- Hands-on supervision of all workshop activities.
- Perform trouble-shooting and diagnostics procedures on light vehicles and Heavy Equipment Machinery.
- Plan and organise Preventive Maintenance System and scheduled maintenance of
- Heavy Equipment Machinery and light Motor Vehicles.
- Forecast and order spare parts for specific jobs / special jobs or for stocks replenishment.
- Good analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication shills
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Team work
Qualifications and Skills
- Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent
- At least 8-10 years post qualifying experience in automobile workshops.
- Experience in a mining company will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
If you think you meet the above qualifications and experience, kindly apply to the undersigned., enclosing your detailed CV copies of your certificates and citing 3 traceable references not later than Thursday, 23rd March, 2017.
The Human Resource Manager
Maamba Collieries Limited
PO BOX 99
Email: [email protected]