Barrick Gold Corporation Currently Recruiting: Mining Information Technology (MIT) Specialist
Mining Information Technology (MIT) Specialist
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Dispatch Coordinator
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Mining Information Technology (MIT) Specialist.
Reporting to the Dispatch Coordinator, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementation of Mining Information Technology applications. In addition, you will participate in on-going projects involving an evaluation of different options for Technical Services, Mining, Maintenance, departmental requirements and integrate into a total Management Information system (MIS) and Operational reporting. Furthermore, you will provide optimal internal customer service to the users as well as administer the database/file-based systems environment Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing third level system administration and support to end users on the Mining Information Systems, Modular Powerview, Operation Reporting System and other MIT systems
- Participate in developing long-range plans for LMC’s IS and BI systems.
- Work towards alignment of information Systems to LMC strategic plan.
- Ensure compliance to SOX.
- Develop, implement and manage data security.
- Successfully manage the design implementation and maintenance of all aspects of IS.
- Plan and execute projects, providing the necessary diagrams, documentation, reporting and support.
- Design, analyse, manage and implement information systems as needed.
- Actively monitor systems and their related statistics and effectively troubleshoot system issues or problems as needed.
- Manage vendor relationships and secure assistance in design, installation and troubleshooting to a set standard and procedure.
- Participate in compilation and implementation of needed standards, procedures and policies.
- Ensure that viable disaster recovery and back up plans are in place for all systems and tested
- Provide regular operational reports to enable effective management of key performance activities.
- Review and update procedures and systems to meet changing requirements of the operation.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 5 years working experience in IT preferably in the mining industry
- Experience in data analysis, development and implementation of business systems and Mining Information Technology applications i.e Modular, Jigsaw, Mincare support
- Highly skilled in information systems development using SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS
- Knowledgeable in net development, database design and implementation.
- Prior System Administration will be an added advantage
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks