Ongoing Recruitment at Barrick Gold Corporation Zambia: Mine Investigator
- Company: Barrick Gold Corporation
- Location: Lumwana, Northwestern Province, Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Mine Investigator Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia. Reporting to: Security Investigating Coordinator, Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North-Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi-staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Mine Investigator. Role SummaryReporting to the Security Investigating Coordinator, you will be responsible for investigating breaches of law, Barrick policies and procedures as well as recommend appropriate actions. Provide expert evidence regarding complex site investigations of fraud and theft-related incidents Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Prepare and present investigation inquiries to management
- Prepare and present docket enquiry files for Zambian Police Service as directed by the Investigations Superintendent
- Investigate incidents and occurrences as directed by the company Investigation Superintendent or Security Manager
- Call handling and initial response to reports of breaches of the company procedures or code of conduct
- Criminal Court attendant in relation to enquiries and investigations undertaken on behalf of the company.
- Attend to crime scenes relevant to the company`s business in Zambia
- Investigate white collar and syndicate crime affecting the company’s operations in Zambia
- Maintenance of Security incidents and investigation records.
- Loading of all statements, documentation, exhibits and photographs onto PPM 200.
- Compile and gather evidence
Experience & Qualifications
- Diploma in investigations, law or any discipline in Social Sciences/Commercial field
- A minimum of at least 5 years’ experience in a reputable organisation with a criminal investigation bias or forensic knowledge.
- Able to demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Experience in the use of a recognised CMMS preferable Pronto
- Good Computer Skills
- Valid driver’s licence