Barrick Gold Currently Recruiting in Zambia: Medium Term Planning Engineer
- Company: Barrick Gold
- Location: Lumwana, Northwestern Province, Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Reporting to the Medium Term Planning Coordinator,
you will provide support to the Medium Term and Long Term
Coordinators with regard to forecasts and LOM planning, projects, budgeting, analysis, design and management.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- With input from the Department Managers and Superintendents create the medium-term forecast mining plans, bench extraction sequences, and budgets. These revisions will ensure ore recoveries are maximised and equipment is utilized effectively and waste is dumped in a manner which allows waste dumps to be built efficiently and progressive rehabilitation to occur
- Ensure the medium-term plans follow logical and practical mining sequences particularly wet and dry season mining strategies and requirements
- Assist with production of mine reconciliation reports for quarterly and annual periods tracking mine production, spatial compliance and mining costs.
- Design of waste dump sequences for medium-term planning horizons including limits, development sequences, tip heads, spine roads and competent material requirements
- Assist the Department Superintendents in the development of bench extraction plans and blast masters.
- Liaise with Geology and Processing Superintendent to ensure suitable quantity and quality of ore for Processing requirements
- Under the guidance of Department Superintendents develop pit, dump and other infrastructure designs which are appropriate to suit the needs of the mine planning team.
- Track the performance of the medium-term plans against actual plan performance.
- Provide strategic guidance to the short-term mine planning team.
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that environmental policies and strategies are incorporated into mining plans.
- Provide support to other mine planning disciplines when required.
- Carrying out additional tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Experience & Qualifications
- B.Sc in Mining Engineering.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia Supervisory experience
- Minimum experience of 3 years mining engineering
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilizing large-scale mining equipment ie drill rigs and blasting experience essential.
- Experience in Mine Planning and Design, Scheduling, and production.
- Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian drivers license or be able to obtain one.
- Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and show a commitment to imparting technical knowledge to the mine operations personnel.
- Competent in incident/accident investigation
- Physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination
- Hold a valid driver’s license
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply