Barrick Job Vacancy in Zambia: Electrical Shift Supervisor
- Company: Barrick
- Location: Solwezi, Northwestern Province, Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi-staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Electrical Shift Supervisor.
Reporting to the Electrical Shift Supervisor you will be responsible for assisting the Electrical Supervisor in establishment of preventative and responsive Electrical maintenance and development within the process area and across the site, to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost-effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, policies, legal requirements, and consent conditions. Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Personally demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely.
- Create a working environment that encourages personnel to actively contribute to safety, health and environmental affairs by managing risk in compliance with company objectives, policies, procedures, safe work practices, and relevant regulations.
- Actively participate inthe identification and implementation of projects that demonstrate working in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure personal and team compliance with statutory acts and regulations and consent conditions.
- Participate in the development of personal training strategies and undertake appropriate training modules.
- Achievement of plant throughput and maintenance targets in the most cost effective manner within budgets
- Be visible in the workplace, and
- Any other tasks as assigned by your Supervisor
Experience & Qualifications
- Craft / Advanced Certificate in Electrical from a recognized Learning Institution.
- At least 5 years experience in the mining Industry and preferably in a Concentrator and Crushing Plant.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of overhead lines, and high voltage equipment will be a distinctive advantage.
- Able to quickly adapt to technological changes in High voltage Electrical Maintenance.
- Holder of a valid Driver’s Licence.
- Able to work with Siemens Drive System
- Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian drivers licence.
- Ability to read and interpret Microsoft project software.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.