BioCarbon Partners Currently Recruiting In Zambia
- Position: Operations Manager (OM)
- Location: Mfuwe, Zambia
- Project: USAID Community Forests Program (CFP)
- Reporting To: Chief of Party/CEO
- Contract Type: 1 year, renewable
- Supervises: Multiple Reports
BioCarbon Partners Ltd is looking for an experienced Operations Manager (OM) to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures under the USAID funded Community Forests Program (CFP), implemented by BCP. The CFP involves implementing REDD+, a climate change mitigation mechanism, across 11 Chiefdoms in Eastern and Lusaka Provinces. This position involves regular visits to all field sites.
The OM role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief of Party (COP). This role has to maintain control of diverse business operations, therefore BCP’s expectation is that this candidate will be an experienced and efficient leader with excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics.
The goal of the OM position is to secure the functionality of operations and significantly contribute to conservation.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity and applicants will be evaluated based on technical qualifications.
- The Operations Manager’s focus is to lead the Operations team to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Design and implement plans and procedures within your teams to secure functionality and performance
- Ensure the effective integrated delivery of high-quality conservation outcomes
- Provide specialist knowledge and support on local conservation activities to the CEO/COP
- Required to shape a culture which values; continuous improvement, team processes, partnerships, and working with communities and other agencies
- Must have a sound appreciation and understanding of strong collaborative relationships internally and externally
- Strong focus on the Health and Safety of staff and visitors to conservation sites
- This role will also be charged with creating a strong ‘safety first’ environment, ensuring there is a positive safety culture and consistent safety practice across all work sites.
- Set comprehensive goals for individual and team performance and growth and ensure adequate training to improve skills and performance
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Ensuring logistics, fleet management and office management support
- Manage contract and MoU outputs with donors and grantees
- Learn and understand USAID rules and regulations.
- Resource mobilization through donors and investors.
- Proven experience as Operations Manager or relevant role
- 5 or more years of senior level management experience in conservation
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong report writing abilities and experience.
- Good team player and good team builder.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
Compensation: A competitive remuneration will be offered.
Application Process: Interested, qualified candidates, please send a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected]tners.com, with Operations Manager in the title.
Deadline: Open until the position is filled in.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]