Buttress Insurance Brokers Limited Recruiting: Assistant Accountant
Buttress Insurance Brokers is looking for the right person to join our team as Assistant Accountant, to be based at our offices in Lusaka.
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for assisting the Financial Manager and Executives in the development and implementation of policies and practices for financial management, budget control, and accounting.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum qualification: A tertiary qualification in accounting
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Sage One preferred
- Strong numerical reasoning ability
- Full English proficiency (written, spoken, listening)
- Must be able to collect, evaluate and interpret data, in both statistical and narrative form
- Should be capable of preparing files and maintaining records and documentation
- Strong time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- A very high attention to detail, including accuracy in entering and verifying data
- Ability to multitask and prioritise daily workload
- Flexibility and adaptability
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Tact, diplomacy, and discretion
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect, understand, process, verify and report accounting related information as required, including but not limited to the preparation of statements of accounts related to cashbook, petty cash, installment plans, and debtors and creditors.
- Work on financial support work assignments, including but not limited to the issuing of invoices, credit notes, and receipts.
- Banking assignments as required from time to time.
- Devising and maintaining relevant and effective document and filing systems.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of monthly or weekly financial reports.
- Develop and utilise spreadsheets as required.
- Manage specialised financial information, reports, and/or forms dealing with fees, billing, and tracking of projects and expenses.
- Supportive tasks, including conducting research and presenting findings as well as working on specific projects where required
- Other related duties as may be required from time to time
Send your CV and cover letter to us at [email protected] if you meet the minimum requirements. Successful candidates will be invited for an interview and will be required to present proof of their qualifications. Should you not receive a response within two weeks please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications: 3 May 2018.