Cardno Emerging Markets USA (Ltd) Job Vacancy in Zambia: Architectural and Engineering Project
- Company: Cardno Emerging Markets USA (Ltd)
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking Urban and Regional Planners, Safety/Occupational Health Engineers and a Fire Protection Engineer. The closing date for applications is February 25, 2018.
The services to be provided by the Contractor will be for undertaking A&E related services and/or a supervision or compliance role in regards to the activities by USAID’s Implementing Partners, and will conduct A&E related services (such as, but not limited to research, planning, development, and design for, and/or advise USAID/Zambia on the quality and timeliness of the construction contractor’s works.
Zambian national candidates are encouraged to apply for the following positions:
- Knowledge of one or more of the following sectors: housing, slum upgrading, waste management, water management and sanitation, local economic development, private sector participation and urban transport
- Proven track record leading and motivating accomplished senior urban professionals
- Build and manage relationships with senior stakeholder across relevant Government of Zambia departments/agencies (e.g. Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development)
- Carry out oversight and leadership of urban development specialists and quality assurance
- Masters in urban planning strongly preferred
Safety/Occupational Health Engineer:
- Ensure the overall risk management of working conditions
- Preparation of health and safety plans for a variety of various work sites such as road construction, vertical construction, water and wastewater treatment, etc.
- Should have strong knowledge and practical experience with incorporating safety into the design process and be familiar with international standards and codes.
Fire Protection Engineer:
- Design and specify fire protection systems to meet the required fire protection standards.
- The ideal candidate will have design and maintenance experience with a wet pipe, dry pipe, pre-action, and deluge fire protection systems.
Qualifications for positions:
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in the appropriate branch of engineering or field of specialty
- The ideal candidate should hold advanced degrees and have extensive experience and knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices in developing countries within the field of science or engineering field (professional engineering registration is mandatory)
- Working knowledge of English is required