CARE International Zambia Job Vacancy: Development Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation
- Company: CARE International Zambia
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Zambia
CARE International in Zambia, an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia. CARE International in Zambia under its Strengthening Opportunities for Adolescent Resilience (SOAR) project is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced staff for the following positions:
Position: Development Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation (1 Position)
Location: Chipata, Eastern Province
The Development Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) will be responsible for the development and management of the M&E system for the SOAR project. The incumbent is responsible for implementing, reviewing and assessing the M&E design for the project. He/she is responsible for planning, monitoring and evaluation and reporting in terms of data collection, storage, analysis, interpretation and reporting including provision of technical support to project evaluations and surveys. The individual will be expected to coordinate the development and implementation of M&E plans and manage the project’s database/ project information system.
Specific deliverables, responsibilities and tasks
- Coordinate the development and implementation of M&E plan/system and manage the project’s database/project information system including the day to day monitoring of project activities.
- Facilitate the planning, monitoring and evaluation of project activities including reporting in terms of data collection, storage, analysis, interpretation and preparation of progress reports.
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of approaches, mechanisms and tools for translating baseline survey findings into measurable indicators and monitor periodically progress made by the project.
- Train project staff and partners in relation to the application of monitoring and evaluation approaches, mechanisms and tools developed.
- Provide technical support and take lead in conducting all project evaluations and surveys.
- Responsible for analyzing data from project surveys and evaluation for future programming, documentation and publication purpose.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of mechanisms for capturing, analyzing, reporting, sharing and applying M&E findings, information, lessons learned, best practices and human impact stories among CARE and partner staff.
- Participate in meetings of reflections, design and planning impact measures of the program at national, provincial, and district levels.
- Conduct data quality assessments
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree/Diploma in Statistics, Demography, Development Studies, Sociology, Public Health/Nutrition or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized university or college
- At least 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of NGO or Government project/programmes
- Excellent skills in methodologies for collecting, processing and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data. Excellent skills in qualitative and quantitative research, monitoring and evaluation methods including survey design and report writing.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis tools (SPSS or other equivalent software) and management systems databases (Excel, Access or other equivalent software).
- Strong analytical, coordination, facilitation, negotiation, interpersonal, documentation, report writing and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and coordinate with a variety of partners and stakeholders, maintaining harmonious and productive working relationships
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate with IMPACT
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Facilitation skills
- Innovative and able to initiate action
- Very creative and good operational decision maker.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Suitably qualified and interested Chipata residents are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs, with day time telephone numbers should be sent to [email protected]
Closing Date: 20th December, 2017
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]