CARE International Zambia Job Vacancy: Program Support Assistant – Finance
- Company: CARE International Zambia
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Finance Jobs in Zambia
CARE International in Zambia, an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia. CARE International in Zambia under its Strengthening Opportunities for Adolescent Resilience (SOAR) project is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced staff for the following positions:
Position: Program Support Assistant – Finance (1 Position)
Location: Chipata, Eastern Province
The Program Support Assistant – Finance will be responsible all functions related to SOAR Project’s financial data entry, transmitting financial reports and other financial documents. The incumbent will be in charge of voucher preparation, monthly cash flow analysis and daily cash book, official bank agent, perform the regional office financial filing and retrieval of vouchers, bank information, ledgers, and financial correspondence.
- Review documentation submitted to finance for adherence to financial policies and accuracy prior to submission for approval,
- Prepare Cash Disbursement, Cash Receipt or Adjusting Journal Vouchers on a daily basis,
- Upon approval of authorized Cash Disbursement Vouchers perform the following:
- Prepare cheque or fund transfer document.
- Disburse payments, or fund transfer documents to individuals as indicated on the voucher.
- Ensure that vouchers are properly signed; stamped Paid and receipts are obtained for all disbursements.
- Enter voucher information into the financial system on a daily basis.
- Print the financial voucher for finance coordinator’s review.
- Upon receipt of Cash, perform the following;
- Issue CARE Official Receipts for all payments to CARE.
- Deposit cash and/or cheque into CARE Bank accounts within 2 (48hrs) working days of receipt.
- Enter receipt voucher information into the financial system on a daily basis.
- Print the financial voucher for the finance coordinator’s review.
- Upon receipt of an authorized Adjusting Journal Voucher, enter the voucher information into the financial program on a daily basis.
- File all financial documents, records and communications on a daily basis.
- Perform the following banking functions: request cheque books from the bank,
- Be the CARE Chipata bank agent,
- Perform other tasks and assignments as and when required.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA Level 11, NATECH level 11, Diploma in Accounts, Full AAT/ATD
- 2 Years work experience
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- Excellent and demonstrable reporting, writing and communication skills and a good understanding of Donor regulations
- Good computer literacy in word-processing, spreadsheet and CARE software.
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Customer oriented
- Innovative and able to initiate action
- Should be accountable
- Operational decision-making skills
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Suitably qualified and interested Chipata residents are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs, with daytime telephone numbers should be sent to [email protected]
Closing Date: 20th December, 2017
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]