Career Opportunity at Society for Family Health Zambia
Society for Family Health is recruiting for a Finance and Administration Officer position to be based in Southern Province (Choma). The successful candidate will ensure efficient use of the organizational assets, proper handling of financial matters and inventory control at the Regional Office.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer (Choma)
- Making sure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with standard financial procedures.
- Regularly reviewing Petty cash float, travel advance and aging reports
- Preparing an analysis of the cashbooks, management report, comparison with budget, and commentary at the end of the month.
- Preparing, reviewing all Regional Financial reports & budgets, with the Regional Manager.
- Ensuring that staff at the office adhere to the Travel policy.
- Ensuring proper and efficient utilisation of company assets at all times.
- Ensuring that the security procedures are implemented.
- Managing the Receptionist/Stores, Drivers, the Cleaners, and the Guards.
- Ensuring that the office has vehicles appropriate to its needs.
- Monitoring fuel usage for vehicles through the fuel account system and preparing monthly vehicle/fuel reports.
- Ensuring that the agreement with the fuel supplier is valid, and works well.
- Overseeing the stores.
- Providing support to the office in all other HR matters.
- Ensuring that all staff have valid contracts and job descriptions,
- Ensuring staff fill out time sheets and have them sent to Head quarters timely
- Maintaining HR records, including staff lists, staff files and the leave register.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Regional Manager
- Accounting Diploma and Part qualified ACCA or ZICA.
- A qualification in Human Resources will be an added advantage
- Member of Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants.
- At least three years experience in a commercial, or non-governmental organization.
- Good / excellent written skills in English.
- Good Planning and Analytical Skills
- Computer literacy and familiarity in MS word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with accounting software (QuickBooks, Sun or Pastel).
- Knowledge of USAID, GATES, Global Fund donor regulations required
- Ability to travel nationally 30% of time.
- Firm and fair
- Tact and
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV TO: [email protected] or send to Director – Human Resources, Society for Family Health, Plot No. 549, Ituna Road, P.O Box 50770, Lusaka- Clearly indicate “FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER APPLICATION”
Closing Date: 17th October 2016.