Caritas Czech Republic Job Vacancy in Zambia: Agriculture Officer
- Company: Caritas Czech Republic
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
CARITAS CZECH REPUBLIC
an international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation, planning an emergency response project focusing on Livelihoods of newly arrived refugees from DRC and host community, is looking for an
- Support and assist the Project Coordinator
- Activities according to project document such as agriculture-related capacity building and technical support of small scale farmers, training and technical support in Conservation Agriculture, support in development of agribusinesses and value- chains, vegetable gardens & small livestock production, organization of trainings, market linkages, monitoring &follow-up, land management and agroforestry, beekeeping, development of training materials etc.
- Cooperate with field staff on activity planning and their implementation
- Maintain necessary project administration
- Report regularly, draw up action plans, assessment of progress, formulation of new project opportunities, proactive approach to secure new funds, etc.
- tertiary education (university/college degree in agriculture, agronomy, marketing or any related subject)
- min 4 years of proven experience in agriculture-related sector and cooperatives, experience in value-chains and agro-processing is an advantage
- proven experience in project implementation, preferably development projects will be considered
- experience working with international organizations or NGOs is an advantage
- fluent in English and Bemba – written and spoken, Swahili is an advantage
- excellent computer skills – MS office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet
- Integrity and willingness to work and produce results in a dynamic environment
- excellent organizational and coordination skills
- good time management, commitment, team worker, reliable and hardworking, able to work under pressure and in a challenging environment
Duty station: Mantapala and Nchelenge, Nchelenge District, Luapula Province, Zambia
Starting date: January 2018
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by the 31st December, 2017 17:00 to the following email address: [email protected] and [email protected] or at our office. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Agriculture Officer – Nchelenge.
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Agriculture Officer – Nchelenge– curriculum vitae Surname, Name, Agriculture Officer – Nchelenge – cover letter
Caritas Czech reserves the right to cancel the process at any stage