ChildFund Zambia Currently Recruiting: Program Assistant
The Program Assistant (PA) will Coordinate and support the Program Director and the Program Team to ensure quality implementation, engage in planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and ensure documentation to deliver high-quality programming. Additionally, the Program Assistant will provide operational and administrative assistance and perform a variety of administrative, coordination as well as logistical services in support of the operations of the Program department. Furthermore, the PA will assist with information management and play a liaison role between Business Development and Program Department in terms of archiving of documents as well as past performance records.
- Coordinate and support Program Director’s office in providing quality input around program delivery along with the field offices.
- Support Technical and project teams and ensure quality reporting and documentation.
- Act as the main contact person during the absence of program team members, following-up on any emergencies with input units.
- Organize training, workshop and meeting along with the Program team.
- Support Program Director to build an effective relationship, networking and liaison with all stakeholders/partners.
- Responsible for monthly EVP, quarterly, bi-monthly and annual ChildFund’s program reports.
- Assists in the coordination of the procurement process by tracking their completion for the program team especially when they are out in the field, scheduling program meetings as necessary and e-filling the final minutes and other documents.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff, interns, research fellows and consultants by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation.
- Work closely with the Communications Officer to ensure high-quality communication materials are developed and produced.
- Conduct regular field visits for program review, monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinate and ensure all communication with the Program Director, National Office, Regional Office and International Office is attended to.
- Facilitate and coordinate with the Program Director and field Managers for partnership capacity building.
- PA will play a liaison role between Business Development and Program Department in terms of archiving of documents as well as past performance records.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Development Studies or Social Work preferred and/or equivalent relevant work experience in lieu of degree
- 3+ years’ experience
- Demonstrated experience in development sectors
- Presentation skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Knowledge and understanding of children’s issues
- Representation and facilitation skills
- Experience in working with diverse and multicultural environment
- Experience in working with government and other development agencies
- Documentation and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently and under tight time constraints
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in a local language
Interested applicants have advised to email their application letters and CVs clearly stating the position being applied for as the subject to the following address; [email protected] not later than 5:00 pm 22nd May 2017.